Although peanuts are mostly known to be a salty and crunchy snack, as well as a yummy healthy spread, we know we can change the way you think about peanuts with these 6 peanut recipes that are so fulfilling and just delicious. peanut recipes
By Mariam Elhamy
Chicken Curry in Peanut Sauce
Creamy, nutty and full of flavor, this peanut sauce will elevate your basic chicken dish and take it to a whole other place.
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 onion cut into wedges
- 2 tsp garlic crushed fresh
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 600 g chicken fillets cut into strips
- 2 tbs honey
- 1/4 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- Heat oil in a pan; add onion, garlic and curry powder. Cook for 1-2 mins, or until onion is lightly browned. peanut recipes
- Add chicken strips and cook for 4-5 mins, or until chicken is cooked through. Add honey, peanut butter and stock.
- Simmer for 10-15 mins or until sauce is thick.
- Serve with rice and garnish with herbs.
A bit similar to the Hawaiian Poke bowl, this Thai crunch bowl has all the crunch and all the components you need for a healthy meal in just one plate.
- ⅔ cup cooked quinoa
- 2 tbsp matchstick-cut carrot
- 2 tbsp chopped red bell pepper
- 2 tbsp steamed edamame
- ¼ cup shredded red cabbage
- 90 g broiled salmon
- 1 tsp chopped dry-roasted peanuts
- 1 tsp creamy peanut butter
- 1 tsp low sodium soy sauce
- ½ tsp rice vinegar
- ½ tsp dark sesame oil
- ½ tsp fresh lime juice
- Top cooked quinoa with carrot, red bell pepper, edamame, cabbage, and salmon. Sprinkle with peanuts.
- In a small bowl, combine peanut butter, soy sauce, vinegar, sesame oil, and lime juice, stirring well with a whisk. Drizzle over bowl. peanut recipes
Peanut Chicken Scaloppine
- 4 (100g) chicken breast cutlets
- 1 1/2 tsp kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup panko (breadcrumbs)
- 1/2 cup salted dry-roasted peanuts, finely chopped
- 4 tbsp canola oil
- Place each chicken cutlet between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap, and flatten to 1/4-inch thickness, using a rolling pin. Sprinkle with 1 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper.
- Place flour in a shallow dish. Place eggs in another shallow dish. Stir together panko, peanuts, and 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper in a third shallow dish. Dredge chicken in flour, dip in eggs, and dredge in panko mixture, pressing to adhere.
- Cook the chicken in 1 tbsp hot canola oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat for 3 mins or until golden brown. Turn chicken and cook for 3 mins or until done.
Crunchy Chicken-Peanut Salad
Got no idea what to do with those weekend leftovers? Don’t despair! Grab some fried chicken strips and turn them to the ultimate crunchy colorful salad.
- 6 large fried chicken tenders, chopped
- 3 cups shredded coleslaw mix
- 2 cups shredded red cabbage
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
- 3/4 cup dry-roasted peanuts, coarsely chopped, divided
- 5 tbsp fresh lime juice (from 3 limes)
- 3 tbsp creamy peanut butter
- 3 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp seasoned rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp light brown sugar
- Crushed red pepper, to taste
- Toss together chopped chicken tenders, coleslaw mix, cabbage, scallions, cilantro, and 1/2 cup of the chopped peanuts in a large bowl.
- Whisk together lime juice and peanut butter in a small bowl until smooth. Slowly whisk in oil, soy sauce, vinegar, light brown sugar, and crushed red pepper, whisking until creamy.
- Pour dressing over salad; toss to coat and sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup peanuts.
Peanut Butter and Jelly Puff Pastry Braids
Everyone’s favorite peanut butter and jelly sandwiches reinvented into these buttery and light puff pastry braids. It will soon be everyone’s favorite lunchbox or breakfast treat.
- 1 (430g) pkg frozen puff pastry sheets, thawed
- 3 tbsp creamy or chunky peanut butter, divided
- 1/4 cup strawberry preserves, divided
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 tsp water
- 2 tbsp finely chopped roasted salted peanuts
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Unfold 1 puff pastry sheet on a lightly floured sheet of parchment paper; roll into a 10-inch square. (Trim and discard excess pastry, if necessary). Spread 1½ tbsp peanut butter down the center of the square. Top peanut butter evenly with 2 tbsp strawberry preserves.
- Cut slits crosswise 1 inch apart on both sides of filling. Starting at 1 end, fold pastry strips over filling, alternating left and right, to cover filling in a braid design. Pinch ends of the braid to seal and fold under to enclose filling.
- Place braid on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Repeat process with second puff pastry sheet and remaining peanut butter and preserves.
- Whisk together egg yolk and water in a small bowl; brush dough evenly with egg mixture. Sprinkle tops of braids evenly with peanuts. Bake until golden brown, 30 to 33 mins, rotating pan after 15 mins. peanut recipes
- Let cool for 5 mins. Serve slices of pastry braids warm.
Peanut Butter Rocky Road Cheesecake
Who doesn’t love a crunchy Rocky Road? For the best dessert fit for a celebration or a small get-together, try this peanut butter rocky road cheesecake.
- 16 Oreo biscuits, crushed
- 80g butter melted
- 750g Philadelphia cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup soft brown sugar
- 1 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 3 tsp gelatin dissolved
- 1 1/2 cups thickened cream, lightly whipped
- 50g mini pretzels
- 1 cup marshmallows, halved
- 1/2 cup glace cherries, halved (optional)
- 1/2 cup roasted peanuts, halved
- 125g Cadbury milk chocolate melts, melted
- Combine the Oreo crumbs and butter, then press into the base of a greased and lined 22cm pan. Chill.
- Mix gelatin with 1/4 cup of boiling water. Beat the cream cheese and brown sugar with an electric mixer until smooth. Stir in the gelatin, then the peanut butter. Fold through the whipped cream.
- Spoon mixture over the prepared base. Decorate with mini pretzels, marshmallows, glace cherries and peanuts.
- Refrigerate for 3 hours or until set. peanut recipes
- Drizzle with chocolate just prior to serving.